Monday, November 2, 2015

In My Mind

We have made it to November folks.  I like November because it is a couple weeks of pause between school starting, my birthday month and the holiday season.  It is also a bit of a reading break for me.  October is full of spooky books, scary movies and all kinds of awesome darkness.  As much as I
absolutely adore all the terror, I have to admit it gets me stuck in my head a bit.  A good book gets into my mind and sticks with me, and can even affect my mood to some degree.  A really good book keeps me thinking of the setting, the emotions and makes it hard to get away from, even after I have put it down.  The plus side to this is that I know I am reading a pretty good book when this happens.  The down side is if the book is sad or scary or melancholy...well I can dwell a bit to much on the dark side.  That brings us to November, a time where I let myself read a couple of the more light hearted books, some easy reads that I don't have to worry about needing a xanax at the end.  I like to think of it as a palate cleanser before I dive into my holiday reading.  On that note, aside from a few ramblings on books I have already read, expect my current reading list to be a bit on the silly, easy, relaxing side, recommendations are welcome.  Happy Reading Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment