Thursday, December 31, 2015

A Year In Review

It's that time again, time to look back an revel in all the books I got read and weep over the size of my TBR pile (which only seems to grow, never shrink).  Here are my favorite books I blogged about this year, one for every month.  Enjoy!

The Lost Ones

This book was not only a perfect winter read, but really rekindled my sense of adventure.  After reading this book, I wanted to pack my bag and try and find the unknown.

Sabriel
This is one of those books that got read at the exact perfect time, making what was already a great book awesome!

Wings of Fire
Dragons!  I love dragons!  This book was full of dragons and awesome stories and great authors and just all around magnificent.
Chrestomanci Volume 1
  Magic, alternate worlds, sibling rivalries, it's all so wonderful.  Set it in an alternate English manor and this is a perfect spring read.
More Than This
This book was equal parts disturbing, frustrating, thought provoking and ambiguous.  Read while in between calls, this twisty little number stayed in my head for a long time.

Court Duel
Court intrigue, intricate plots, a secret admirer and niceness actually having a positive affect, I keep coming back to this book.
Grave Mercy
This book drove me crazy AND was surprisingly good all at the same time.

Prospero's Children
This book is why I love reading.  It took me far away and yet felt familiar all at the same time, instant love my friends.
The Lives of Tao
Everything I want in a book is here, a plot that keeps pace and makes sense, characters that are actually true to themselves and an alien who rocks!
The Martian
I LOVE THIS BOOK!  It is one of my new favorites AND may be the best book I read this year...go read it right now.
Victoria's Book of Spells
An era I adore, a place I love, atmosphere perfection, great book.
The Stupidest Angel
In case anybody was wondering how my holidays went :-)  This was fun and irreverent and suited my mood this year exactly.

I read a ton of great books this year, and these are just a few of my faves.  What was your favorites of the year?  Happy Reading Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment