Monday, October 1, 2012

Zombies VS Unicorns

It's October!!!!! This is my favorite month of the year, it's my birthday month (and yes we will be celebrating every day of the month), fall is in full swing, and this year October is zombie book month. So if you see more zombies than normal you know why :-)
To kick of this month of birthday, autumn, zombie madness I present to you Zombies Vs. Unicorns. Young adult authors Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier have put together a gruesomely humorous blow by blow battle of these two epic creatures in the form of short stories.  Each story is prefaced by the two authors arguing their position (Holly is team Unicorn and Justine is team Zombie) in a very compelling manner.  I enjoyed most of the stories in this collection, The Children of the Revolution was my favorite zombie story and Princess Prettypants was a great take on a lot of unicorn tropes. A couple of the stories in here I did not feel were appropriate for the under 15 crowd, but since I am definitely a smidge over 15 it was all good, but parents be warned.  Over all the girls utilized several wonderful young adult authors to come up with a funny, witty, unique spin on a short story collection. Also the cover is super cool awesome and even if I never read it I would still want it on my bookshelf.   I will have to give it 8 out of 10 zombie unicorn princess crowns.
Also this month I will be posting my potentially impossible wish list...cause it's my birthday month...and my blog so I can do whatever I want :-)
Pavone Lux Venetian Mask
How beautiful is this!!!! I can see wearing this to the fae masquerade ball in Hunters Moon

What team are you on, Zombie or Unicorn?  What is your favorite young adult author?  What is your favorite monster to read about?  What do you think a Zombie Unicorn Princess would look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment