Thursday, December 29, 2011

RIP Comfy Chair

Today I had to say good-bye to a dear friend of mine...the blue recliner chair that has been one of my favorite reading spots for years :-(

This chair has been in the family for years, my Mamma was diagnosed with MS about 21 years ago and Daddy bought her the chair to help support her during episodes.  The chair was quickly claimed by Daddy who could frequently be found napping in it.  When I moved out as a gesture of love and family the chair was passed onto me (still smelling of Daddy's aftershave).  The chair has moved with me through several states, numerous apartments and a wedding.  I have curled up in it every time I have felt homesick, sad, happy, tired or more importantly to read.  My favorite thing is to get my fluffy blankets, cup of coffee and a good book in my special chair.  Alas nothing last forever and the chair after multiple fixes has finally succumbed to old age and much abuse.  So now my new mission is to find the perfect reading chair, the following are a few options I have found (some a tad more practical then others)

Look built in bookshelves, very convenient

Now I can read my e-books too

A classic chair for the refined reader

The perfect chair to read tales from under the sea


I could see myself lounging in this


How cool is this

This looks nice and idyllic


Ohhh comfy


I want this sooooooooo bad!



What is your favorite place to read?  What is more important comfyness or looks?  What chair should I get?

No comments:

Post a Comment