Monday, August 20, 2012

Back In The Day

Get to see a couple of my nephew's soon, hanging out with them always makes me nostalgic for the books I loved when I was a kid.  It's fun to see them find their new favorites, and it makes me all warm and fuzzy when some of the books that they love, are the same ones I loved as a kid.  Here are a few examples of my fond memories.

The Berenstain Bears
This was one of my favorite series, I think I liked the huge variety of books, and the visuals were pretty good too, although I always wondered who would actually name there kids Brother and Sister.
Amelia Bedelia
Love these so much!  I remember reading these to my sisters a lot.  I think even in my younger days I always enjoyed a good pun :-)
Dr. Seuss
All Dr. Seuss is great, the lyrical style is especially good for younger kids who can easily learn to follow along.  The only problem with these is you find yourself wandering the house muttering "I do not like it Sam I Am!" way more then is probably healthy 
Busy Town
Richard Scarry books probably take me back to childhood the fastest.  The illustrations are so full of little tidbits hidden every where, you can go through these books a million times and always find something new.
The Monster At the End of This Book
I don't know if it was the voices my Mamma used, or if I just really liked a good monster story, but I to this day LOVE this book.  We always had a good time pretending it was hard to turn the page after Grover would try and keep it shut.

What books do you remember from your childhood?  What book did you immediately run out and buy when you heard a new baby was on the way?  Have you ever tried reading to a three-month old?

No comments:

Post a Comment