Thursday, June 7, 2012

When I Was Older Then You

It is my little bro's birthday today, not gonna mention his age 'cause that would make me even older, but I still want to wish him a Happy ** Birthday.  When he was little he hated that he was younger then me and one of his favorite phrases was "when I was older then you" which still makes no sense to this day :-) He was also (and still is) Super Dork Boy, he had this insane obsession with Star Trek: The Next Generation and especially with Geordi LaForge
Geordi LaForge
He got our whole family hooked on the show and I still have many happy memories of Saturday nights eating popcorn while watching my Bubby (lil bro) geek out over this wonderful show.  As an avid reader I also got hooked on the books, here are a couple of my favorites.
Q-Squared
Anything with Q in it is AWESOME!
A Rock and a Hard Place
I love the older books, very space opera
Double Helix: Infection
Loved this little mini-series of books that crossed all forms of the series

To all you dorks, nerds, and geeks out there please raise your mug of butterbeer and wish my Bubby a Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I never liked reading but one of the few books I actually read as a child was a star trek book. It was the one where Scotty (original series) came back in time and interacted with the next generation crew and specifically LaForge. Awe the power of science fiction.

    ReplyDelete