Friday, June 8, 2012

Dreeeeeeaaaaaammmmm Dream Dream Dream

Lately my wonderful Mamma has been posting the most drool worthy of personal home libraries on her Pinterest page, in fact she even made a special board just for me to go waste insane amounts of time on.  At the moment I live in a beautiful condo that has every available wall covered in (full) bookshelves, but my dream is to someday own a home where the bookshelves are so high I need a ladder!  Yep some people dream of world peace, some people dream of traveling the universe, I dream of laddered bookshelves :-)  Here are a few inspiration pieces for my dream library.
Double Room Library
I love how you can look through the arch to see a SECOND room stuffed full of books
Front/Up View Staircase Bookshelf
Top/Down View Staircase Bookshelf
Not a ladder, but the Staircase is a cool idea, especially for smaller houses
Light and Airy 
There are a lot of pictures at the website, this is the ultimate ladder bookshelf!  I love how light and open it is, makes me want to hang a hammock up
Super Tall Bookshelf
This may be pretty close to my dream shelf, I love the shape, the squares, the ladder...sigh (singing Someday my Shelves will come, Someday I'll own a house, and how thrilling that moment will be, when I build my shelf to the ceiling)

So these are just a few idea's for my dream house/library, what do you think?  What kind of shelves are your favorite?  Can it be called a library if there are no ladders?

3 comments:

  1. You are not the only one. I too am a huge bookworm. I am currently readying 3 books. One on WW2 (my BA is in Military History) the other is fictional by Ken Follett, and then I have my candy fantasy novel. I keep telling my boyfriend I can't wait to have our own place so I can have a big room with floor to ceiling windows, a big old comfy chair, small table, and lamp. I want it to look kind of 18th century style but the most important part is that it has to have a rolling ladder like Bell has in Beauty and the Beast. That is pretty much my dream room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure the library in Beauty and the Beast has inspired many a library fantasy :-) It's what all romantic bookworms aspire to

      Delete
  2. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!
    industrial ladder

    ReplyDelete