Monday, June 4, 2012

Reading On The Porch

Finally made it home, a little tired so this will be a short and sweet post.  Got some great reading done on the trip, mostly various short stories, but I also finished up The Spellman Files and Garden Spells.  I will be going into more details about both of these books in a later post.  I think the best part of the trip was curling up on the back porch looking out over the rolling hills, the pepper plants growing in the fields and a huge cup of coffee on the table next to me.  The temp was perfect with a light breeze blowing the fresh scent of the great outdoors through the air.  This setting screamed for fairies so I got out my faithful The Faery Reel and immersed myself in the various worlds of the Fair Folk.  Overall a great trip, just wish it could have lasted a little longer.
Actual view off the back porch on the farm
What did you do this weekend?  Did you read any good books?  Does your environment influence your reading choices or is that just a weird thing I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment