Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Road Trip!

Heading out on a long weekend road trip tomorrow and as always the best part is when I don't have to drive and can spend hours lost in a good story while the ever changing scenery rolls by.  To this end I have been mentally packing my bookcase with everything I could possibly crave on this trip.  On road trips I always bring a variety of books with me because I never know what I will be in the mood for.  Here is my road trip list so far.

Short Stories Sci-Fi: The Starry Rift  (Nook)
Short Stories Fantasy: The Fairy Reel Tales From the Twilight Realm
Fantasy: Eldest
Classic: Wuthering Heights
Fantasy Series: The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles) and Darke (Septimus Heap)
Non-Fiction: Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey
Mystery: The Spellman Files (Nook)
Humor: Curses! (Kindle)
Girly Book I Don't Admit To Reading: Great Hexpectations (Dulcie O'Neil series) (Kindle)
Not Quit Sure Which Genre: Garden Spells
Swashbuckling Tale: Ship of Destiny (The Liveship Traders) (Kindle)
Graphic Novel: Worlds End (Sandman Volume 8)
Backup Book: Wildwood Dancing
Backup Backup Book: Firebirds
Just In Case I Don't Want To Read Any Of The Above Books: Good Fairies of New York

I probably will not read all of these books on one four day trip that includes me driving through the mountains belting out the Newsies soundtrack at the top of my lungs until my Hubbin begs me to pull over so he can drive and I can go back to the blessed semi-silence of reading.  Still I always like to have a variety so no matter what urge strikes me I can pick up that particular book and get to reading.

What is your favorite road book?  Is your book bag bigger then your clothes bag?  Are you one of those pooooooor unfortunate souls who gets carsick reading ('cause that really sucks)?

No comments:

Post a Comment