Thursday, May 3, 2012

Daddy On Tape

Today is the bestest Daddy in the whole entire universe's birthday.  My Daddy has contributed greatly to my love of books, he spent many hours reading to us when we were little.  Some of my favorite memories are of curling up in the living room with my whole family while Daddy read to us while recording himself on tape.  He would usually read us adventure books, and I remember more then one late night of us begging him for just one more chapter :-)  The tapes would then be sent off with us as we went to bed, each kid had there own tape player and we would fall asleep to the sound of our Daddy reading to us, even if he had to work the night-shift at the hospital, there was always the tapes. Thanks Daddy for making sure that no matter what we always got a bedtime story, and for always and forever making books a source of comfort, especially in the rough times.
Here are some of the books he used to read to us
The Shining Sword
Cooper Kids Adventures
The Children' Bible
How awesome is my Daddy?!?!  What cool things do you remember from when you were a kid?  How weird is it to see book covers you have not seen in years?

No comments:

Post a Comment