Thursday, April 5, 2012

Welcome to the Future HP


It's true folks, Harry Potter has finally decided to join us here in the 21st century and is now available as e-books through the Pottermore website.  You can also get them through Barnes and Nobles and Amazon but they are just going to take you right back to the Pottermore site.  The books are compatible with all readers (eg Nook, Kindle, etc.) and you can download it for personal use up to eight times, so you can have it on multiple devices.  Now why, you say would I want to re-buy the whole Harry Potter collection when I obviously have a whole shelf already full of them.  Well...because I want to :-)  I actually do have a few reasons, the first one being if you really love a book you can never have too many copies. I am constantly losing, loaning, spilling, tearing, reading to oblivion my favorite books and so I usually need a spare (no joke I have three full versions of The Chronicles of Narnia just for that reason).  Second, have you seen those Harry Potter books?  They are HUGE, especially the later ones, and they just are not conducive to hauling around on the Metro (if you have hardcover they are even bigger!).  Third, I like to look up specific things in the Harry Potter books and the e-readers make it really easy to do that.  Fourth, well...why not?  Anyways these are the justifications I have for spending another 60 dollars on books :-)

Are you as excited as I am that these are finally on e-readers?  Would you re-buy books you already own to have them in a different format?  How obsessively obsessive am I with my multiple copies?

No comments:

Post a Comment