Friday, April 20, 2012

Recycle Your Reading

In honor of Earth Day on Sunday, I thought I would share a few idea's on how to recycle your reading.
The best way I think is to donate your finished books to a library, hospital or nursing home (if you can bear to part with them that is...I'm not very good at this).

ipod book holder
You can repurpose your book into something useful like this nifty book turned ipod case.
Where the Wild Things Are Clock
You can bribe a child (or an adult who refuses to grow up!) into liking you by turning there favorite book into something cool for their room, just make sure you have an extra copy!
Book Counter
If you can't bear to part with your books you can always incorporate them right into your furniture.
Su Blackwell Art
You can turn a book into a piece of art
Book House
Or you can be like me and love your books so much, you just make a way to literally live in your books :-)

What is your favorite way to recycle books?  Is it okay to repurpose a book if it was just going to get thrown away?  Do you watch for me on "Hoarders: The girl who wouldn't give up a single book"?

No comments:

Post a Comment