Thursday, October 17, 2013

Kidoween

Watched Hocus Pocus last night, definitely one of my favorite Halloween movies.  I then spent the rest of the night discussing with my two sisters how to best get together one Halloween and dress up as the Sanderson sisters, all in all a very good night.
A little creepy for a children's movie
This got me thinking how much I enjoy kid stuff around Halloween.  The books and movies intended for the younger crowd are surprisingly dark and delicious, here are a few of my favorites when it comes to Halloween Jr.
Cinderella Skeleton
A new acquisition this year and it is wonderful, the illustrations are graveyard perfect, the story is written in spooky rhyme and it is the perfect book for any fairytale/undead lover.
A Halloween Treat
Anything by Edward Gorey is gonna be a little on the awesomely grotesque side, but this one is perfect for a pre-trick or treat read.
I Spy Spooky Night
I love all of the I Spy books (note to self buy more I Spy books).  This one is always a favorite with the young crowd.
The Berenstain Bears: Trick or Treat
Ah nostalgia plays the biggest role in this pick.  I love me some Berenstain Bears!
The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything
I love the colors in this book, it is also awesome to read out loud you get to make lots of scary noises :-)
Hopefully these have inspired you to give the children's section a quick glance next time you are at your local bookstore, I have most of these on my shelf and I don't even have the excuse of kids (unless you count the six foot tall one I am married too!).  
Ok ok here is the other awesome song!

No comments:

Post a Comment