Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Classic Carves

I've been reading my Legend of Sleepy Hollow and remember just how great the classics are!  Here are some pumpkins that have been carved using classic characters from classic books 'cause when you get down to it there is nothing more classic then carving pumpkins around Halloween!
The Headless Horseman
This pumpkin features our Headless Horseman in the above mention The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, one of my favorites

Frankenstein Monster
Loving this classic monster from Frankenstein...remember the Dr. is Frankenstein, and his creation is just called a monster (poor deformed fella)
Count Dracula
Dracula is still one of the scariest books I have ever read, back when vampires where evil demon creatures not sparkly angsty 100 year old teenagers.
20,00 Leagues Under the Sea
Years ahead of it's time Captain Nemo and his adventures under the sea have been a favorite of mine for years!  Though as a kid I was always a wee bit terrified that a giant squid was gonna capsize our boat.
The Raven
One of our classic American tales of terror, The Raven is probably one of the most recognizable poems out there.
Have these classic tales of terror inspired you to go pick up a classic?  Are you now mulling over your choices in the world of pumpkin carving?  Will somebody come to my house and carve me an awesome pumpkin?

No comments:

Post a Comment