Thursday, October 24, 2013

Cake Cake Cake, I Love Cake

It's my birthday today!!!!! Which of course makes me supreme empress of the known universe and parts of the unknown universe as well.  The day has just begun and I have already been spoiled beyond belief...and I haven't even hit my party yet :-)  To celebrate the awesomeness that is my day of birth I shall share with all of you some of my favorite book related cakes 'cause you can't have a birthday without a book and cake! (or exclamation points apparently!!!!!!!)
Narnia Cake
Starting with my favorite book ever!  This The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe cake has all my favorite elements, the door opening, the iconic lamppost, and of course a beaver tail to follow!
Minas Tirith 
There were so many amazing Lord of the Rings cakes to choose from, but the detail on this one finally won out for my favorite.
Harry Potter
Again so many to choose from, but I love the bookishness of this cake, as opposed to the more moviesh versions out there.  This cake really summed up the feel of the books, especially the first one.
Quotes
This is one of the prettiest Pride and Prejudice cakes I have seen.  The simple illustrations and bordered quotes make this cake almost as elegant as the book!
Seuss Cake
I think Dr. Seuss is perfect for any birthday.  It is all happy, colorful, and full of life lessons. Who wouldn't want this wonderfully topsy turvy cake?
Alrighty folks, those are a couple awesome cakes to start celebrating my birthday with.  I was disappointed in the lack of Dragons of Pern cakes, and the complete lack of Alice in Wonderland cakes that did not have to do with Disney (I really want one with the original illustrations) so you will all have get cracking on making those for next year.
What book cake would you like for your birthday?  Do you think you ever get to old to make your birthday all about you?  Why do I equate exclamation points with my birthday?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment