Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Humorous Horror

Hahahahahahahaha...oh sorry, just finished watching Tucker & Dale vs Evil and it is my new favorite movie ever.  Seriously I look at wood chippers in a whole new way now.  This got me thinking that as awesome as it is to scare your self silly during the Halloween season, sometimes it is also fun to just be silly.  Here are some of my favorite books that combine Humor and Horror.
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
I love love love this book, it has everything, the horror of zombies, the wit of Austen, the cover of my dreams.
John Dies at the End
If you liked Douglas Adams, you have to read this, that is all I'm saying.
Monster
Dating a demon, waking up a different color every morning, and still having to deal with the supernatural bureaucracy.  Plus it's yellow, and yellow books are awesome!
Apocalypse Cow
A herd of zombie cows...need I say more?
The Dangerous Alphabet
Something to read when you want your kids to turn out just a wee bit twisted.

I hope you find some time in your busy scare schedule to take a break from terrifying heart palpitations inducing stories to read these need to change my pants 'cause I laughed so hard ones. Happy Reading Everybody!

What is your favorite funny/silly horror book/movie?  Do you think comedy and horror mix or do you like your scares to be pure and terrifying?  How many Korean zombie movies do you think Hubbin can watch in one sitting? Is it totally weird how much I love yellow books even though yellow is not even in my top five favorite colors?

No comments:

Post a Comment