Friday, February 17, 2012

I'm Turning 100 (Sort of)

YAY I've made it to my 100th post, syndication here I come...oh wait that's television :-)  Regardless I think this calls for a celebration break out the bubbly!
Mmm that was tasty.  For the rest of you I have posted some quotes from my favorite authors, hope you enjoy.
C.S. Lewis
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
-- C.S. Lewis

 “You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.”
-- C.S. Lewis

“We read to know that we are not alone.”
--C.S. Lewis

“No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally – and often far more – worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond.”
--C.S. Lewis

J.R.R. Tolkien
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
--J.J.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

“Never laugh at live dragons.”
--J.J.R. Tolkien

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
--J.J.R. Tolkien

“A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.”
--J.J.R. Tolkien
J.K. Rowling
“It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default.”
--J.K. Rowling

“The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should be treated with caution.”
--J.K. Rowling

“It is my belief... that the truth is generally preferable to lies.”
--J.K. Rowling "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"

“Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak.”
 --J.K. Rowling "Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone"
Anne McCaffrey
“A good story is a good story no matter who wrote it.”
 --Anne McCaffery

“Make no judgments where you have no compassion.”
 --Anne McCaffery

“Oh, Tongue, give sound to joy and sing
Of hope and promise on dragonwing”
--Anne McCaffery "Dragonsong"

“Drummer, beat, and piper, blow
Harper, strike, and soldier, go
Free the flame and sear the grasses
Til the dawning Red Star passes”
--Anne McCaffery "Dragonsong"

What is your favorite author quote?  How cool is it that this is post 100?  Should I quit writing posts while drinking the bubbly...or does it help :-)?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!!!! Whoo hoo!!!!!! Yeah For totally amazing awesome wonderful and delightful books and the people that blog about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Thanks Pixie,
    Thanks for all the insperation my favorite book buddy :-)

    ReplyDelete