Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines is Bloody

Ok so I admit that excepting the candy I am not a Valentines person.  I was the kid in grade school who insisted on covering her milk carton mailbox in black paper and when informed it had to have some decoration I promptly tore neon hearts in half and stuck them all over the Valentine box :-)  When I got to highschool I started taking to wearing all black on Valentines day.  Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against love and all that, in fact I have received some very nice Valentines gifts from boyfriends and such, but as my Daddy says "there are 365 days in a year I am not going to be told I have to prove my love once a year when I should be doing it every day" (he gets gifts for people everyday that's not a holiday :-).  Not to mention the origins for this holiday are a little gruesome.  Anyways since people insist on celebrating this very pink and lacy holiday I have decided to post some light reading for you romantic Valentines Day.

Valentine's Day Massacre
My Bloody Valentine
Blood for St. Valentine
Valentine Horror Stories
Ok Ok I'll behave now...maybe!  Here is hoping everyone gets to spend Valentines with someone/something they love, I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment