Monday, February 27, 2012

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things...

This weekend I got to spend time doing one of my favorite things...hang out at a bookstore!  I got to spend a couple of hours with one of my favorite book buddies (Baby Sis) perusing the book stacks, then we met up with two handsome fellows who plied us with our favorite drinks (double tall skim no whip mocha for me) and then we covered our table with all kinds of reading material.  We had everything from fantasy, to gardening, to guns and ammo, to home decor, to history.  Then we proceeded to spend the next couple of hours
just the four of us (Me, Hubbin, Baby Sis, Handy Bro-In-Law) discussing books, authors, what we like in books, what we hate in books, why movies should never be made into books except for of course the ones that should :-)  I was seriously in Heaven!!!!  I love it when my favorite (family, friends, books, coffee, expounding on the use of large words) things all converge into those few perfect hours that just help get you through life.  Thanks to all who participated and didn't tell me to shut up, even when my pontificating went a little over the top :-)
What are your favorite things?  What moments do you remember when everything was just right, even for just a little bit?  Should I quit using words over three syllables?

No comments:

Post a Comment