Friday, November 7, 2014

November's To Do List

Howdy Folks, how was your Halloween?  Was your October as joyous as mine?  Are you ready to head into the holiday season?  I have a lot to look foward too in the next couple months, but first their are a couple of things I would like to get done (in between work, volunteering and watching ALL the Gilmore Girls of course) before I drag out the Christmas decorations.
1) I desperatly need to organize my bookshelves.  When I first moved to my current residence I carefully put my books into pretty arrangements, some by author, some by appearance.  As time went on I aquirred more and more books and even with my sweet Hubbin building me shelves in every available space, I have resorted to stuffing books in every space I can find.  To that end I plan on pulling out every book I own, piling them on the floor and figuring out a new organization system...it's gonna be a job, but I think it will be worth it.

2)  Last time I was at the bookstore, I had a moment of confusion because I could not remember if I had gotten certain books or not.  With my buying books at various stores and online I have no idea what I actually have.  To this end I need to go through my books and e-readers and figure out what I have and what I need to buy.

3) Along with figuring out what books I own, I also want to uniformize (that's a word I swear) my hard copy books,  For series I want them to all have the same version/type of cover.  For singles there are a couple where I know there is a cover I like better and would look great on my shelf.  This will require some research, but in the end I think it will be great for my permanent collection.

4)  As difficult as this is to say...I need to get rid of some of my books.  Well get rid of is harsh, I need to find loving homes for a couple of my books that may be happier else where :-)  There are several books I own that I have multiple copies of for various reasons, and once I uniformize my books I will need a place to give the ones I am replacing.  I might cry.

5)  Posting about all of these things will make me have some accountablility and also give me a chance to post pics of all my books.  Plus if I tell him it's for my blog, Hubbin might be less scritchy about me spending even more money on books!
These are my plans...not sure how much I will actually get done, but having goals is always a good idea.  I'm hoping the organization will allow me to get more reading done, and to read more of what I already own.  If you have any organizing tips, extra books, or know somebody who will give a good home to my poor little misfit books let me know.  Happy Reading Everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Me..Me...Pick Me!!! :)

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I knew you would want to be in on this :-)

      Delete