Monday, June 30, 2014

Cover Under The Sea

I love love love love love the idea of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne.  I mean I really like the book itself, but the idea and feel of it is what really hits home for me.  It is steampunky, underwatery, angsty, tensionfilledy, creativy, (all real words, I swear) and all of this tends to come out in some of these really cool covers.  Here are a few of my favorites.
I love this old school cover and how it makes it feel like the bottom of the sea is similar to space
The Nautilus looks like a steampunk metal deep sea fish here and I love it!
Here is cover that gives us the ultimate giant squid that wreaked so much havoc!
This black, white and red version is one of my favorites
This cover conveys a bit of an ominous tone
I see the giant squid!
This stylized version is one of my favorites.
These are just a few of the many amazing cover versions of this awesome book, send me any you think are cool and I will add them to my collection :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment