Monday, April 21, 2014

Everything Is Awesome!!!!

Had the bestest weekend ever.  Started off with some coffee with my sweet Hubbin, the while he was working I spent 3 glorious hours on the National Mall, people watching, smelling the blooming flowers, looking at the spring green trees and READING, so much reading, so so so so so so so happy.  It was like the most perfect reading day I could imagine.  The weather was warm and breezy, the grass was dry and soft, the sun was out, but not glaring, people were laughing, flowers were blooming, book was awesome, just perfect.  Now this itself would have made for a wonderful day, but there was more in store.  I met my Hubbin for lunch (yay garlic fries) and then we hopped over to Awesome Con.  It was crowded with people dressed up as everything under the sun, it was like geeky Halloween and I was in Heaven.  I got to see a life size R2-D2 from Star Wars
Then we perused the artists aisles where we found this awesome artist who is redesigning book covers
the company is Rock Paper Books and I want to get ALL of his books check it out totally worth it!
Of course we couldn't leave without some sort of souvenir and my amazing Hubbin found me the perfect one!
Yep that is my very own Dragon Egg from the Song of Ice and Fire series, yep he's a keeper.
Now I am home, sipping homemade Sangria made by who else but the Hubbin (maybe I should have titled this post My Hubbin is Awesome) writing this post and trying to decide which book to read next, Ah life is good.  Hope everybody had a great weekend and Happy Reading Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment