Tuesday, April 15, 2014

BFF's Forever

A hallmark of a good book is good characters, characters you love, characters you hate, and characters you might want to hang out with.  There are certain books that I look forward to the arrival of certain characters just like you would a good friend.  Here are a few people I think I would love to hang out with...if they were real...which there not...or so my shrink keeps telling me :-)
Elizabeth Bennett-This plucky gal from Pride and Prejudice seems like my kind of girl.  I would love to go visit her at Pemberly, do some hiking and poke fun at Darcy.  If Caroline Bingley happened to be around I would totally tag team with Lizzy to get under her skin :-)

Piemure-Our funny little friend can be found hanging around Harper Hall  .  Snarky, caring and a good ear for music make this guy our go to when you are in need of a good friend.  He is the one I would sit next to in class making comments under our breath and trying hard not to laugh out loud.

Ophelia-This Liveship from the Liveship Traders Trilogy is a dame and a half...and a ship.  Yep this friendship has multiple benefits from transportation on the high seas, to all of the latest gossip.  This woman/ship knows how to have a good time.

Heather and Morag - These Good Fairies of New York crack me up.  Their spirit, love of music, mischievousness, and sheer vibrancy make me smile.  I would love to run around New York with these two, causing trouble and making music.

Reepicheep-Our little Narnian friend is a whole lot of awesome in a little package.  He is brave, gallant, fierce and loyal.  He is also great for a good laugh. This man in the body of a mouse would be my first pick when it came to a companion for adventuring, battling and/or drinking.

Anne-Anne of Green Gables (spelled with an e) is pretty much how I was as a child.  The dreamy, imaginative, trouble finding red head sounds like so much fun to play with.  I think hanging out with her would enhance any situation.

Jo-Our bookish sister in Little Women could count on me to read her books and articles with a non-biased eye before they were sent in for publication.  I would also be a great go to person for any play or performance she felt like putting on.  I am well versed in sisters, so I could give her advice on that score as well.

Fred and George-These twins liven up the Harry Potter series.  There love of live, brilliant yet mostly harmless pranks and genuine love for their family make these two an essential part of my friends circle.  Think they would give me a discount at their joke shop?

Nellie Olsen-The girl everybody loves to hate.  This girl was the villain in most of the Little House on the Prairie books, being the scapegoat for every mean little girl ever encountered.  I like that the character seems to own her badness, I could learn a lesson or two about being yourself from this girl.

Puck-This trickster from A Midsummer Night's Dream just makes me happy.  His skipping around causing havoc all in the name of love is awesome.  I would love to flit from place to place with him, meddling in affairs both mortal and fae.
Ok so their are many more besties out there, but this post is already getting long and I am now in the mood to go hang out with all my book peeps.  With that I will leave you to contemplate wither I am as crazy as I sound or just really enjoy good characters.  Never fear I will do a follow up post with all of my friends from books that did not make this list...there are just so many, makes a girl feel popular.

Who are your best book friends?  Do you feel the need to limit your book friends, or do you not bother with limits? Do you think I'm crazy for considering fictional characters as friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment