Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Breaking News


Who has the best Hubbin ever?  ME!!!!!!!!!  My sweet, wonderful and amazing Hubbin surprised me with tickets to Awesome Con!  Along with being a bookworm, I am also a loud and proud super geek and am so so so so so excited.  I get to see Sean Astin who played Sam in the Lord of the Rings movies, Danai Gurira and Melissa McBride who play Michone and Carol respectively in the Walking Dead tv series, and the person I may be most excited about is Cary Elwes who will forever be the farm boy Wesley from The Princess Bride movie.  Hey do you know what all of these characters have in common?  That's right they all started out in books, yep the bestest most geektastic things in the universe often have literary origins. Here they are in book form.  The Lord of the Rings, The Walking Dead, and The Princess Bride.  I love going to these Con's just to see the sheer creativity that humans come up with.  Everything from costumes, to artwork, to original literary works, I could just sit in a corner and watch all day long.  I love how every part of the art world comes together, story tellers, musicians, illustrators, artists, actors, everything just combines into one loud and bright bit of awesome.   I will try and have some pics and some adventure stories for you on Monday and/or Tuesday, until then I will have to try and stay productive until this weekend, 'cause I feel like a kid at Christmas!  YAYYAYYAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment