Monday, December 2, 2013

Holiday Update

Hello All, I hope you had a wonderful weekend full of food and reading.  My Thanksgiving was amazing and so so so busy.
My Firehouse
 I spent the day at the fire station with my second family.  I know you hear organizations like the military, police force and first responders talk about being family, but until you actually experience it there is just no way to describe the true feeling of family you get.  We fight, joke, tease, help, laugh, yell and work just like a real family does.  We had a full on turkey dinner cooked by one of our engine bosses, apple pie supplied by my sweet Hubbin who dropped in for a few minutes and a Monopoly game that lasted until 2:30 am...it would have gone on longer but we kept getting calls.  I am so grateful for my family away from family.
Finally made it home around 10am on Friday and promptly passed out as I had not been anywhere near a bed for a really long time.  Hubbin was great and took me out to dinner and a movie (Hunger Games: Catching Fire, based on the book of the same name, post to come soon.).  Next day we decorated for Christmas using ornaments made out of paper printed with my favorite quotes and made our tree into a story tree (pics and stories to come later).  I finished two books and attempted to organize my overstuffed bookshelves (no luck).  Watched the mid-season finally of Walking Dead and saw some stuff that came directly from the graphic novels which was pretty cool.  Also it is really weird to watch zombies and death when your pretty Christmas tree is standing right next to the television.  We have been planning a trip to meet up with my insanely large and also just plain insane family (so excited!) and Skyping with my west coast family so that has been fun.  I am gearing up for an incredibly hectic month so posting may be a wee spotty.  I will try and be as consistent as I can and give you heads up when I will be out for a while.  In the mean time I need some suggestions for a good Christmas/Holiday book.  Happy Reading Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment