Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Ramblings That Never Were

I'm in the middle of a fantastic book, seriously loving it, not really surprised that I am loving it because it is the second book in a trilogy which is part of a whole over arching story by an author I have yet to have any issues with.  Yep this it the 8th book I have read by this author and have loved every word.  Cool you say. Which books? When did you read them?  Where are the ramblings.  Oh you say, that reminds me, there are several books you mentioned that you loved and yet when I go look, no rambling...why?  To answer this question that probably only I am asking is a bit complicated, the easy answer is because it is too hard.  I don't know how to articulate the complicated (or simple) plots in a non overly loquacious (isn't that the best word ever)way. These are the books that I can't tell you why I love them so much, in fact a lot of them break my favorite book rules.  The one I am reading now is in the dreaded first person!  A lot of times it is fairly easy for me to pin point why I love a book so much, the subject matter, the characters, the pacing, the writing.  Sometimes I just don't know why I love a book so much, I just do.  I will say a lot of the books I have trouble writing about are ones with really complicated plots, mostly because I do not sum up very well, I like to talk and I think everything is important so my posts have the potential to become as long as the books themselves, the other option is to jump around, but I think those get very jumbled and confusing (see any of my Song of Ice and Fire ramblings). Sometimes I think I just don't want to break whatever spell these books have on me, I know certain ones are safe to gush about, especially the classics (hence my HP and Narnia love in my ramblings), but I don't want anybody to point out anything bad and ruin my experience in some of these books (I know selfish and dumb, but hey).  All of this to say, maybe I will attempt to be brave and get some of these down for you all, or maybe I will keep wussing out, or maybe you can all just tell me how crazy I am :-)  Happy Reading Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment