Friday, September 6, 2013

Booking Ahead

Ha see what I did with that post title?!?  Instead of looking ahead I said booking ahead...it's a pun and it is hilarious folks...or I'm just still loopy from watching my boys hand a win to the other team while dealing with a sever lack of coffee...either way my ellipses are out in full force.  Today I just want to give you all a bit of a heads up on what is to come our way this glorious season, so here we go.
National Book Festival-I am looking forward to this very very very very very very much!  It will be held over two days on the National Mall and about a zillion authors will be there, including two of my favorites Holly Black and the amazing Tamora Pierce (note to self, make sure you do a post on her general awesomeness). Gonna see how many of my fellow book lovers I can drag to this thing (I'm looking at you L, baby sis and Hubbin).  There will be many pictures, posts and gushing's about this blessed event so be on the look out for that.  If you happen to be there as well make sure to send me pics or notes telling me about your favorite part. Or if you can't make it out to the capital, send me your experiences at your own local book fairs.
The Great Harry Potter Reread-This is where I reread all the Harry Potter books, watch all the Harry Potter movies and find all of the related multi media sites and place them all at your disposal.  This will be a bit different from my normal ramblings as it will focus less on writing out the plot and more my personal feelings on various things.  This reread will also involve more then just the books so be prepared for some serious Harry Potter overload.  If you want to read along I will be writing a post detailing how I will be going about it shortly.
The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There-I am so so so excited to read this book, after rereading the first book in this series I am totally stoked to get this one read.  I am waiting for a weekend to myself so I can curl up with a big ole pot of cider, a plate of carmels and the smell of wood smoke drifting through the air.  I look at this as less of a read and more of an experience.  WOOOHOO!
Ghost Stories-This year my Halloween/October/Scary theme is going to be ghosts.  I will be looking for great ghost stories from around the world in every form, short stories, novels, old stories, new stories, any way I can get them.  I love going places and finding out the local ghost history, it's a great way to get the flavor of a place.  As far as books go, there are so many good ghost books out there that it is going to be hard to choose, so any and all suggestions are welcome!
Super Bookworm Girl Costume-This year I will be attempting to put together a costume worthy of a Super Bookworm Girl.  I am thinking something librarianish/superheroish/awesomeish will probably fit the bill.  I have been thinking about it for a while and I have seen a prevalence in cosplay that will be helpful in finding more personalized pieces for my epic costume.  Of course with an epic costume is going to have to come an epic story, so be on the look out for my crazy mixed up ever changing ideas.

What are your plans this fall?  Are you as excited for all the upcoming fall reading goodness?  What kind of mask does a Super Bookworm Girl wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment