Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving Parade Day

It's here, it's here Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!  For as long as we have had a TV the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade has been one of two stable family traditions that have actually stuck with my tradition adverse family (the other being ranch dressing :-) )  To this day, all six of us in six different states feel a sense of togetherness as we send each other pics of ourselves watching the parade.  Our poor significant others are not quit sure what fascination this cheesy event holds for grown adults, but it will forever be a part of my Thanksgiving.
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
A historic look at the parade, through pictures and reminiscing
Macy's On Parade: A Pop-up Celebration of Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Macy's On Parade
You can't go wrong with a pop-up book!
Milly And The Macy's Parade
Milly and the Macy's Parade
Inspired by the first parade ever
Balloons over Broadway: The True Story of the Puppeteer of Macy's Parade
Balloons Over Broadway
The balloons are one of my favorite parts
I am thankful to live in a country that I have access to any and all the reading material I want, I am thankful for family who has helped further my book addiction, I am thankful for my wonderful Hubbin who put's up with "just one more chapter" on a regular basis, and I am thankful for the health, happiness and well-being of all my loved ones

No comments:

Post a Comment