Monday, November 5, 2012

Cold Politics

So I am pretty excited, I got to cross off one of the items on my living in the capital of the US bucket list.  I got to see not one, but TWO presidents speak live.  My ambulance crew did a stand-by (we are part of the team ready to go if any medical problems or injuries occur) for a rally involving President Clinton, President Obama and Dave Matthews!   Regardless of ones political preferences it was very exciting to see the current leader of our country in person.  The only downside to the whole deal was how incredibly cold it was, I like the cold and even I was shivering uncontrollably, we are talking down into the 20's after the sunset.  Oh well over all it was an amazing opportunity that does not come around very often and I was excited and proud to be a part of it.  The whole thing got me thinking about all the different presidents that I remember in my life time and how things have changed and stayed the same all at the same time in the political arena.  Here are some books by the presidents I have been around for starting with the most current.

The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream
The Audacity of Hope
Decision Points
Decision Points
My Life
My Life
Speaking of Freedom: The Collected Speeches
Speaking of Freedom
An American Life: The Autobiography
An American Life
Regardless of your political leanings, I think it is always interesting to read about these administrations from their perspective.  I hope everybody goes out and votes tomorrow 'cause like my Hubbin says, you can't complain if you don't vote.  

What is on your hometown bucket list?  Who would you write in vote for if you knew they could win?  Do you know when the Secret Service says stop, you should listen...quickly?

No comments:

Post a Comment