Friday, October 7, 2011

Now There Is A Fine Looking Non-Existent Book Man

When I was growing up we were not allowed to watch a whole lot of television, a fact that I am now very grateful for.  My parents say it was to keep undue influences out of our life, but I think the real reason was even "educational" tv was dangerous in our family. For example after watching a documentary on mountain climbing, my little four year brother thought it would be a good idea to tie a kite string to a lamp and "mountain climb" out of his second story bedroom window.  My Mamma after hearing the thump that was my brother making a miraculous uninjured landing, came running out to see him brushing the dirt of himself and hollering for his younger 2 year old sister to try it next. Her little legs were already over the windowsill as my poor Mamma is screaming for her to get back inside :-)  Needless to say even educational tv was limited at our house.  One of the by-products of a fairly television free house, was lots of time to read.  The other was I didn't have access to all of those tv and movie boys to have crushes on.  Which leads me to my first crush Prince Caspian, oh my first true love, my version of Prince Charming...Hmmmm... He was a perfect non-existent boy, a prince, handsome (at least in my head), brave, and of course dwelt in a the ideal land of Narnia!  One of the few good things about the movie was at least the role was played the very handsome Ben Barnes mmmmm.

Anyways, for the longest time whenever I was playing with friends (did I mention I was about 8 or 9 at the time) and needed a husband/boyfriend/prince regardless of the time period our game was in, I always chose my Prince Caspian.  Over the years I of course had my share of  TV/Movie and real life crushes, but there is something about a book crush that seems more personal.  The funny thing is now that I am married to my own real life Prince Hubbin, I find myself on occasion putting his stunningly handsome face on my current book crushes.  Who was your first book crush? Any current book crushes?  (mine current book crush is Jack and Nemo from the Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica Series) Am I the only crazy person who develops crushes on non-existent people?



No comments:

Post a Comment