Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Inspired

I got to spend the day with one of my firefighter/EMT/booklover/awesome friend yesterday and it was pretty great.  We spent some time in the Smithsonian National Gallery of Art and can I just say it was very inspiring.  There is just so much variety in styles, mediums, time periods and aesthetics that I spent most of the time torn between wanting somebody to write a story about certain pieces and running straight home to my bookshelf to immerse myself in worlds inspired by these works of art.
We finished our day of awesome at a concert where again I was reminded how all the different art forms work and compliment each other...and also how much I was again inspired to read certain books.  Seriously the whole day was just one running list of books I now wanted to read because of all the cool things I saw and heard.  I love day's like this that remind me how the whole world fits together so well, and how reading is one part of it.  Go get inspired people...and if a couple of you want to write me some cool stories, even better!  Happy Reading Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment