Monday, March 10, 2014

A Weekend Of Undersea Adventure

Hello all, how was your weekend?  Mine was AWESOME!  My sweet Hubbin noticed I was going a bit stir crazy and took me adventuring all weekend.  We went shopping for clothes and shoes and jewelry and food (a good adventurer needs to be well supplied). We watched Walking Dead (studying for the zombie apocalypse).  Read so much!!!!!! My favorite thing we did was to visit the National Aquarium in Baltimore. I love love love love love aquariums, don't know why, just do.   Growing up in Seattle I had the opportunity to be around several aquariums, tidal pools, and other places with sea life.  I used to look forward to going to these places with the same enthusiasm as most kids have for Chuck E. Cheese.  I still love going to aquariums to this day, something about them just takes me to another place, one of magic, mermaids, krakens, pirates, Atlantis.  Who knows what happens beneath the waves when no one is looking. When I can't actually be at the aquarium I also love watching shows and looking at books about under the sea.
Light in the Sea-photographed and written by David Doubilet is to this day my go to book to just leave everything else behind.  The book is a mix of the most amazing underwater photography and essays and insights by the photographer himself.  I've had this book since I was 8 years old (yep all the other kids wanted candy or toys, I wanted a big coffee table book full of pictures and essays) and I still find wonder and magic in every page.  Here are a couple shots from the book.



These are just a few of the stunning images that have led to my obsession with the sea.  Now I cant wait to go home and watch Blue Planet and get in some more under the sea goodness!  Happy Reading Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment