Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Faking Fall

I am very much an environmental reader, meaning I usually get the most enjoyment out of certain books, during certain seasons. The problem being we are still in the summer that never ends and I am craving everything fall so bad!  I have a whole stack of books just waiting for that cool crisp air, leaves falling from the trees, the anticipation of the holiday season to come...but with the lovely 90+ degree weather we have
been having since February it just does not work.  So being the rule breaker that I am, I decided to fake fall I waited for a day that was a bit overcast and cranked up the AC.  I got myself a cup of delicious spicy hot apple cider and burned my cinnamon apple candle.  Once that was all set up I grabbed my bag of carmels, my soft purple blankie and my extra pillows and cuddled down into my chair with to watch Gilmore Girls (which is most definitely a fall show).  Once I finally was in a fall state of mind I pulled out The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, because seriously what book screams autumn more than one where the main character is named September while wearing an orange dress?  Also I have just gotten the second book in this little series The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There and wanted to refresh my
memory on the happenings of the first book.  Sadly real life intruded before I got to finish reading it, but that's ok I will finish it off tomorrow and do a second look rambling. Hopefully we can get through August quickly and fall weather actually starts happening so that I can finally make the full time transition to my fall books, until then Happy Reading Everybody! (regardless of the weather)
Do you think I'm nuts to have to create different environments to get the full enjoyment out of books?  Do you have any books that can only be read in certain times or at certain places?  Do I spend way to much time in preparation to actually read the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment