Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Day!!!!

Sorry this post is up late, we are experiencing a "snow event" (that's what they are calling it for real) and I was at the station all night. I have to say there is something surreal about running a call on an empty snow filled street at 3am.   The plus side is now that I am finally home and semi caught up on sleep I can spend the day curled up with my blanket, coffee and my pile of books.  People laugh at me 'cause when most people hear about a snow storm coming their way they run to the store and stock up on food, batteries and stuff like that.  I on the other hand make an emergency bookstore run and stock up on every flavor of book :-)  So if anybody needs me, that is what I will be doing for the rest of my rare snow day, curled up with my pile of books.
What is your favorite thing to do on a snow day?  Do you usually get the day off, or do you have a job that requires your presence come hell or high water?  I wonder what it would take to get a "book" day?

No comments:

Post a Comment