Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Musically Inspired

One of the things I usually like about movie adaptions of books is the music.  I am a music freak and love it when a movie gets the mood of the music right.  In some rare cases the music will actually enhance the reading experience of the book.  Here are some of my favorite versions of songs I know happily associate with some of my favorite books.
This is an amazing piano version of one of my favorite theme songs from a book adaption EVER!  I already loved the song and this version is just AWESOME!
This whole soundtrack is just amazing, really sums up the obsessive love I have for this series.  This song in particular is a very haunting amazing mood piece.
This is one of my favorites from the soundtrack, it sums up the EPICNESS of the story. (and yes EPICNESS is a word, but only if you use all caps)
Oh man this song gets me every time, it makes me feel like I'm flying, or on the ocean or something, just love love love love it!
I know not the best video but every time I hear this opening sequence I get all giddy like a little kid!  

Ok ok I'm done waxing poetic about all the glorious music, but to all you movie makers out there if you can find the right music I will be a lot more forgiving when it comes to movies adapted from books, I'm just saying.

What is your favorite song from a book to movie adaption?  Does music enhance or detract from the reading experience?  How hippy-dippy do I sound when I love a piece of music?

No comments:

Post a Comment