Monday, December 17, 2012

Gingerbready Goodness!

I love the smell of gingerbread, it is sweet and spicy and signals CHRISTMAS!!!!!! Now I am not an amazing baker so I rely on outside help to get my fix.  Here are some great literary versions done in gingerbread.
Hogwarts
What a beautiful edible Hogwarts!
Minas Tirith
An amazing Lord of the Rings tribute, you have to check out the website for some killer pics and how it was made!
Narnia Wardrobe
The baker, baked the designs right into the gingerbread!
Queen of Hearts Palace
Oh my goodness this is AWESOME, click link for amazing close up detail shots!
The Brothers Grimm Castle
Again click link to see the stunning detail!
I hope you all enjoyed my foray into the realm of sugar and spice and everything bookish.  This has inspired me to try and build my own favorite literary gingerbread creation...next year.  Send me pics of your book inspired visions!
Do you like to eat or look at gingerbread better?  Do you ever start a gingerbread house and run out of candy decorations because you ate it all?  What baked medium would you like to see used in these creations?

No comments:

Post a Comment