Monday, January 30, 2012

The Upside to Sick Days

This weekend I was pretty sick blech, every time I moved I would cough for like 20 minutes, as you can probably imagine my ribs are pretty sore now. 

The plus side though is I got to spend hours finding activities that required no movement (seriously it was so bad on Friday I even going to the bathroom left me in spasms for a good long while!)  So I figured I could do all my "quiet time" stuff without feeling guilty.
First I finished the whole first Downton Abby series (woohoo I love me some British television) I seriously love this show and wish it were books :-) (note to self, write post on movies/shows I would like to see made into books)
So after that I decided what could make a poor little sick girl like me feel better then a good couple of hours with a good book.  Anybody following my reading list knows that I have plenty of books started, but did I pick one of those up and finish it like a good little girl...nope, I decided to start a whole other book
Dragongirl by Todd McCaffery.
 Not sure why I picked it up, I may have been in a little bit of nostalgia mode and anything set in the world of Pern almost always makes me feel better.  I will say this book is definitely the most, um, different of the dragonrider books I've read and it is more on the tragic side, but hopefully it will end ok.  Anyways I'm starting to feel much better, and glad to have had an excuse to do nothing but read for the weekend as the next couple weeks will be incredibly busy.

What do you like to do when your confined to the couch/bed?  Do you have a favorite book/series/author that you go to when your no feeling good?  Do I make more or less sense when the oxygen flow to my brain is restricted?

No comments:

Post a Comment