Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Years!!!

Happy New Years everybody, may next year be better then the last, because no matter how good or bad last year was (and mine was pretty decent) you can always strive for a better next year.   I  guess that's where the resolutions come in.  So in the spirit here are my resolutions.
Calvin and Hobbs by Bill Watterson

1. To get through at least half of the stack of unread books before I buy more to add to the stack (seriously my Hubbin calls my leaning tower of books to read visible from space)

2. Get out of my book rut and try some new genre's, I tend to lean pretty sci fi/fantasy but I know there are some great books out there (example all the lovely women in my family read Water for Elephants and after my Mamma exclaimed "that is not your kind of book" I knew it was time to branch out, it turned out to be an excellent book, I recommend it.)

3.  Buy books I love in hardcover for my collection (or any book that has a particularly pretty cover)
cause we all know that soon hard covers will be a thing of the past. (So Hubbin take note, I'm not buying books for "me" or for "fun" but because they are an investment.)

What is your resolution?  What are your chances of keeping it?  Is it easier to keep it if buying books is involved?

1 comment:

  1. I do believe that Calvin and Hobbs had it right when it comes to you! But I do agree with your resolutions! I don't have as many to read as you, but I do find that I have some that have been sitting by the wayside just waiting patiently for me to pick them up. In addition, I too need to explore more outside of my range, not only to get out of the typical 10 story theorys that pleage it, but to expand my mind as well.
    -Alicia

    ReplyDelete