Monday, December 5, 2016

Nanny Bookworm Girl

Hi All!  Guess what?!?  I have a new adventure I get to go on, I am now going to be a full time Nanny for two of my nephews and I am so very excited!  In honor of this new job I have assembled some of my favorite literary caretakers of small children to inspire (or in some cases warn) me of the potential adventures that lie ahead.
Mary Poppins
Mary Poppins - This sassy, imaginative and potentially magical nanny is the one that we all want to float into our homes and turn every day outings into grand adventures.  The fact that Ms. Poppins is the queen of snark as well adds a bit of a realistic twist to the magic of caring for young children.

Nurse Matilda
Nurse Matilda - Our ugly yet oddly lovable Nurse Matilda brings order to the chaotic Brown household.  Nurse Matilda's unorthodox methods turn our misbehaving brats into well mannered and kind children.  Not 100% sure if Nurse Matilda is legit magic, or just very very imaginative and crafty...may need to take a page from her book though.

The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place
Ms. Penelope Lumley - This young nanny has quit the handful caring for the formally feral children of Ashton Place.  Her job is two fold, first she has to figure out how to "tame" these wild children and THEN she actually has to teach and care for them.  Ms. Lumley though presented with very unique challenges never lets it lower her standards, quit the lesson for us all.

Peter Pan
Nana - Nana has infinite patience and is extremely loyal to not only her three young charges but also to the family they belong to.  She is consistent, caring and oh yeah...she's a dog.  Say what you like, but I have definitely met some canines that I would more then trust my siblings precious off spring to.

These ladies have inspired me to try and be the most magical, sassy, patient, fun and crazy nanny a girl can be...also I feel like we are gonna read a lot of books :-)  Happy Reading Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment