Monday, March 16, 2015

Booksitting

So my baby sis is all grown up and heading out on a world tour for a year.  To this end her and husband are packing up the house and finding homes for pretty much all of their possessions.  Some things they are selling, some things they are giving away, but some things are to important to get rid of an must be found good and loving homes until the intrepid explorer's return.  My Mamma and Daddy get the puppies and I get the books!   Yep until my baby sis returns all worldly wise, I get to keep (and read) her books safe and sound.  Now for some unknown reason she seems to thing the ones I like may find their way permanently onto my shelf (maybe that beautiful hardcover edition of Oliver Twist?) so she marked all her books with her own personal symbol...and then proceeded to mark all her husbands just for good measure.  I will admit it is a bit bitter sweet packing up and bringing home my baby sis's books.  In one way more books is awesome, and it will give us
something to talk about when she gets back.  It also means she is one step closer to this incredible journey she and her love get to have and remember together forever.  On the other hand, one of my favorite people in the entire world, who for the last couple of years has been with in driving distance is going away from me for at least a year.  It is the end of an era, which is always hard, but the beginning of a new chapter which is awesome!  I cannot wait to see and here what my fellow book club member gets to experience and whenever I miss her too much, I will pull out one of her favorite books and read it.  Happy Reading Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment