Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Noted

As I 'm sure you can see from my What I'm Reading Now list, and my complete and utter random ramblings that I usually read several books at once.  Sometimes it is hard to keep certain detail that I want to put in the rambling in my head, so I have started carrying around a notebook to help me keep track.  Sometimes I write down a quote, sometimes it's a page number to go back an reread a scene, sometimes it is just something that strikes me in a certain way.  As I read through certain books sometimes they talk about things or events I want to look up later (I love that in a book), other times I just need to gush or vent.  In any case here are a few ways I can jot down my personal notes.
Shoulder Strap Notebook
This is perfect for when I am on the go and don't want to carry extra stuff around
Magic Notebooks
These Harry Potter inspired notebooks are great for jotting down magic discoveries
Quote Notebook
What better place to write down quotes then this little notebook?
Sherlock Notebook
Clues to whether this is a good book or not can go in here
Happily Ever After Notebook
This is a great place to write down all the Happily, or Not So Happily Ever Afters.
These notebooks are all wonderfully cool, wonderfully portable and hopefully soon to be wonderfully full on notes on all the wonderful books I'm gonna read (in case you were wondering, wonderful is the word of the day).  I have delusions that some day in the far distant future my extensive library will be unearthed, along with all of my babbling notes and they will think me some great literary critic...or laugh hysterically at my depraved ramblings.
Do you take notes on your books if you don't have too?  How awesome are e-readers for taking notes?  Am I taking my reading WAY too seriously? 

2 comments:

  1. I have also purchased you a few of those kind of cute notebooks, I just watched the movie Philomena and am now reading the book to get the WHOLE story. But I am running around quoting one of lines from the movie, "Dumber than ditchwater" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have filled up every notebook you have ever given me, keep em coming :-) I am totally going use "Dumber than ditchwater"

    ReplyDelete