Monday, July 2, 2012

Literary Avengers

Summer is the time for superhero movies and I am a huge fan.  I love comic books and watching them come to life on the big screen...especially Thor...mmmmm....Thor...what where was I...Oh right.
You are welcome baby sis
One of my favorite comics is The League of Extrodinary Gentlemen, I love how they have taken literary characters and turned them into an elite force to protect the world.  The comics can get a little dark, but it is a treasure trove for people who are obsessed with the classics...or just like a good story.  This got me thinking (ok it got my Hubbin thinking, this post was mostly his idea)  What characters would I assemble on my literary super force?  Here is what I came up with.

Elizabeth Bennet-Darcy: This witty smart woman with a fine pair of eyes would be the leader of my crew.  Not only is she smart and used to manuvaring around various types of people, but after her marriage to Mr. Darcy she has near unlimited funds and a lot of political/social clout in the world.

The Chesire Cat:  I think this enigmatic creature would make the perfect spy.  His grin and cryptic ways would make him friends with all of the fashionable elite.  Being able to become invisible at will probably would be an asset as well.

Fred and George Weasly:  This pair would be my special forces unit.  They are well versed in magic and are willing to experiment to get the job done.  The key would be to never let on that the twins are two people, constantly leaving everyone wondering how this guy could be in two places at once.

Cinna: This Hunger Games stylist would be my master of disguise.  He has the ability to transform even the plainest person into someone of importance and vice versa.  He is also a great listener and can double as the team psychiatric.

Bella Swan:  What is this you say?  What possible use could this character serve in an elite force of competent people?  Easy...Ms. Swan is bait :-)  According to the books, everybody inexplicably falls for this girl so we would use her helplessness to lure the bad guys to us and if she accidently gets killed...well no big deal :-)

Who would you put on your literary super team?  Do you like re-using characters in different ways or is that just cheating?  Who is the most unlikely hero?

No comments:

Post a Comment