Friday, July 27, 2012

Olympic Fanfare

DUM-dum-DA-dum-dum-dum-DAdumdum-Dum-dadum-dadadadaDum! That my friends is the theme song of the Olympics (which is actually two songs combined).  I am an fervent (I've been wanting to use that word since Darcy used in Pride and Prejudice) fan of the Olympics and have been driving my poor Hubbin and anybody else unfortunate enough to get stuck within earshot of me with schedules and plans and interesting tidbits.  This year with the Internets and such I can literally watch every round of every event!  I've already been watching podium training for Gymnastics.  My favorite sport to watch is Gymnastics both men's and women's  I follow them through out the year so I am all prepped.  I also really like diving and the shorter races too.  Here are some great books to get you in the Olympic Spirit
Great Moments In the Summer Olympics
A great way to introduce kids to some recent Olympic history
How To Watch the Olympics
Great insight into the origins of some sports, also gives the rules to the games
The Olympics Strangest Moments
A look at the weirder side of the Olympics
The Naked Olympics
Ancient Greek Olympic history...plus I really wanted to put naked in a post
Inside the Olympics
A nuts and bolts of how the Olympics work

What is your favorite Olympic event?  Do you root for your home country or for individual stories?  When are they going to make reading an Olympic event?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment