Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fireworks

I love fireworks, I try and watch them every chance I get and 4th of July is the best time to catch some amazing pyrotechnic displays.  Growing up my Mamma was the Queen of Fireworks, all of our friends would give her money and we would go buy morters and huge column shooters in vast amounts.  We would all gather at a private lake and Mamma and her designated rower would take the little rowboat and a four foot board out to the middle and shoot off our own private spectacular (and highly illegal) program.  I liked to make up names for all of the different fireworks and to this day think they look like fairies.  Here are a few books about these nifty fireworks.
Fireworks, Picnics, and Flags
Flags and Fireworks
The Pyrotechnist's Treasury
What are your favorite firework memories?  Do you prefer to watch or light?  Are you on the "banned from ever getting near anything even remotly explosive" list...or am I just special?

No comments:

Post a Comment