Monday, August 18, 2014

Baby's First Book Room

I am of the firm opinion that the earlier you expose a child to books, the better that kid will turn out :-)  What better place to start then in the nursery!  There are several options out there to create this little literary haven, here are just a few.

Book Nursery
This is a perfect introduction to books.  By using the books as part of the decor, you not only get an awesome visual appeal, but it is easily updateable as baby grows up and likes different books.
Peter Rabbit Room
I love love love this vintage style Beatrix Potter themed room.  Besides being awesome it is a bit of nostalgia for me as I LOVED these books when I was growing up.
Dr. Seuss Room
If you prefer something a little brighter, this Dr. Seuss room is just one of many fantastic rooms that any kid (and their parents) will enjoy.
Charlotte's Web Room
I would have never thought about using Charlotte's Web for a nursery theme, but I have to say I love it.  The book has a great message and the room has an awesome spider lamp, what else could a baby possibly want?
Harry Potter Room
How cute are these jr versions of the four house banners from Harry Potter?  I love that this room combines a definite "baby" feel, while still adding some of the darker color palate you usually don't see in a baby's room.
I hope you have all enjoyed my little foray into the world of babies.  I am not a mamma, but I know a lot of them and am hoping they will let me help choose the decor for their precious bundles of joy.  In the meantime I'm gonna go make my own nursery for my "babies" and by babies I mean books :-)  Happy Reading Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment