Monday, July 22, 2013

Back In Action...Finally

The DarkHello all of my wonderful readers, I appreciate your patience while I ran around the countryside with little to no Internet access. Never fear though I am back and ready to ramble on and on and on.  I had a great time with my nephews K-man and R-boy they were awesome.  I am still trying to decide if my favorite part was having K-man read aloud to me, all by himself, sounding out each word and getting so excited and proud when he figured a word out.  Or maybe it was having both boys snuggled up tight with me under a blanket while going through my Graeme Base collection (Discovery of Dragons was there favorite).  Possibly it was when K-man and I tagged team read The Dark by Lemony Snicket to R-boy.  I also got some solid reading time in myself, finishing two books and getting about half way through three others, but more on that in my future ramblings.  I also got to spend some time at Barnes and Nobles with the boys and my sis in law E (who has excellent taste in books) which helped with some of the brutal humidity.  I also acquired
 three new tomes to add to my growing collection of TBR's so overall it was a good break.  Now I have to get back into the habit Hubbin waking me up on time, putting on big girl clothes and getting my hinney to work on time.  On the plus side I also get to go back to my station and start running with my crew again so I am looking forward to that.  I have a couple of things planned to finish of the summer, and am gearing up for a couple of great reading projects for the fall, so stay tuned as we now return back to our regularly scheduled programming.
What have you been doing with yourself this summer?  What books are you getting crossed off your summer reading list?  Do you keep buying books to add to the list?  Is your beach/pool bag packed with more books than swim stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment