Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Lounging About

I finally did it...Ok my Hubbin finally did it.  We hauled our poor, old, saggy, overused, much abused, heavily traveled couch to the dump and replaced it with a new one.  I have to admit, I thought I would miss my old friend the saggy couch, but our new one is fabulous! It is huge and deep and snuggly and comfy and matches my reading chair.  The only real downside is that I never want to leave it!  I have spent several days curled up on this new couch with a pile of books and a fresh pot of coffee/glass of wine (depending on weather or not it is after noon).  Several books have already been finished on this couch and I look forward to many more days and nights pursuing this most happy of activities.  Here are a couple of other reading in comfort/style/weirdness options.
Moody Couch
This couch is actually a project done by an artist.  It is changeable and can be altered to fit your mood...just like picking up a new book!
Victorian Fainting Couch
The perfect couch for reading a bit of Jane Austen...or that naughty Regency romance novel I know you have hidden under your mattress ;-)
Coffin Couch
Perfect for undead readers...I mean readers of the undead...I mean, um any Dracula fans out there?
Bathtub Couch
Gives a whole new meaning to reading in the bathtub, I bet Hubbin would let me take the e-reader in this tub.
Bookshelf Couch
Ahhh form AND function, what is there not to love about a couch and bookshelf all rolled into one!

What is more important in a couch, style or comfort?  What is the ideal distance between a couch and a bookshelf?  Is it sad that Hubbin got stain resistant coverings for the couch for when I drop/throw/forget my drink in the excitement of a book?

No comments:

Post a Comment