Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Spot Of Tea

Just finished the third series of Downton Abbey (which my Hubbin calls Downtown Alley) and it was a heart wrencher.  Aside from giving me the urge to reread all my Jane Austen books, I also have had an incredible urge to ring the butler for a spot of tea.  Now we all know that I am a die hard coffee drinker (coffeecoffeecoffeecoffee), but every once in a while it is nice to sip an herbal brew or two, especially when reading about the wild moors of Scotland, or curled up in your London flat.
Teacup Book Cover
How cute is this teacup book cover with a tea bag book mark!
Mad Hatter Teapot
What tea party would be complete without a Mad Hatter teapot?
Pride and Prejudice Tea Cup - Jane Austen
Pride and Prejudice Tea Cup
You will feel quit Austeny (that's a word I swear) sipping tea out of this tea cup with one of her most famous quotes.
Teapot and Cups Bookends
These would make a classy, yet whimsical addition to any bookshelf
Tea Book
This beautiful book is actually full of tea! 

What is your favorite tea?  Do you prefer tea or coffee with your books (or something stronger)?  Does reading certain books ever make you crave a particular food or drink? If my brothers wife is reading this, this whole post makes me think of you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment